african dwarf frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The height needs to be less than 15 inches. Why? Because these frogs swim up for air. Anything higher then that may be to difficult for them to swim up to. I feed mine reptomin sinking pellets. Don't feed them just fish flakes. Although they can survive off this, it is not healthy. Also, if you plan to put fish in the tank make sure there are spots the frogs can go under to hide. Some tend to be scardy cats :)

Is there a certain tank height that they need to breath, what do they eat? Thank you in advance!

I have my adf in my 30 gallon with hiding places and he eats bloodworms also if outing in with fish u rlly got to watch n make sure he eats. I have to hand feed mine

Is there a certain tank height that they need to breath, what do they eat? Thank you in advance!

Also make sure that if u do got 1 that the tank is completely cover my got away td he's no where to be found now

Do you feed them live blood worms or is freeze dried okay?

Mine ate freeze dried but he died td well he got out of the tank n can't find him so I went n got another 1 N his own lil tank td

Mine ate freeze dried but he died td well he got out of the tank n can't find him so I went n got another 1 N his own lil tank td

Also I hand feed mine but if its in a tank by itself u will not have to do this

Okay I'll probably put one in my 5 gallon tank

In a 5 u could have 3 or 4 and if u want fish the best are neon tetras my frogs love them and they don try to eat cause the neons are to big for the frogs mouth

Okay, any special care aside from hand-feeding them?

Just hold a few worms in your fingers an put your hand rite in front of them at first they may be scared and run just follow them and the will smell the food and come to u and after a few times he will start to come rite to u

Just hold a few worms in your fingers an put your hand rite in front of them at first they may be scared and run just follow them and the will smell the food and come to u and after a few times he will start to come rite to u

I'd have to say this is the best about them they r low mantance and I'm putting sand in the new tank instead of gravel and prob goin to put a betta with him

Be careful with betta I had two adf in a 10g with a betta that had a long tail and the frogs tried to eat him whenever his tail got to close. Actually had to pull him out of ones mouth once

Be careful with betta I had two adf in a 10g with a betta that had a long tail and the frogs tried to eat him whenever his tail got to close. Actually had to pull him out of ones mouth once

It's a female who has been with my other one

Are you sure they were adfs and not acf that sounds more like something a claw frog would do

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom