After 8 months in this hobby this is what I ended up with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what kind o f fricken job you have!. 125 gallon is about 500$ and 300 is probally over 1500.

lol i wish i were in your shoes :'(

Krap101 – I do make good money, finished school almost 4 years ago and got a great job in the market research field. The key is to do as much research as you can and look in the Pennysaver, that’s were I found this tank. I got the entire tank, stand, hood, lights, sump filter, pumps, Coral (this was originally a saltwater tank), rocks, for only $1,000. It was used from a restaurant that went out of business so I picked it up. They had a matching one that was a little over 200gals selling for $800, but had no room for it in the house, already had a 135 gal tank, and girlfriend said no more tanks. Only thing I had to do to the tank was clean it out along with everything else to remove as much salt as possible and refinish the stand, hood, and side pieces. It was finish in an ugly brown stain.

Overstocker – I’ve been seriously into aquariums for about 8 months now and still a little nervous about trying a Saltwater tank. But might look into a small 10-20gal tank that my GF picks all the fish, coral, etc. It takes a lot of time maintaining this tank and the 135gal, and mowing the front/back lawn, washing my car, helping clean the house, anything else that needs to be done that the GF won’t or doesn’t want to do.

Fearlessfisch – Thanks for the compliment.

Idealconcepts said:
Krap101 – I do make good money, finished school almost 4 years ago and got a great job in the market research field. The key is to do as much research as you can and look in the Pennysaver, that’s were I found this tank. I got the entire tank, stand, hood, lights, sump filter, pumps, Coral (this was originally a saltwater tank), rocks, for only $1,000. It was used from a restaurant that went out of business so I picked it up. They had a matching one that was a little over 200gals selling for $800, but had no room for it in the house, already had a 135 gal tank, and girlfriend said no more tanks. Only thing I had to do to the tank was clean it out along with everything else to remove as much salt as possible and refinish the stand, hood, and side pieces. It was finish in an ugly brown stain.

Overstocker – I’ve been seriously into aquariums for about 8 months now and still a little nervous about trying a Saltwater tank. But might look into a small 10-20gal tank that my GF picks all the fish, coral, etc. It takes a lot of time maintaining this tank and the 135gal, and mowing the front/back lawn, washing my car, helping clean the house, anything else that needs to be done that the GF won’t or doesn’t want to do.

Fearlessfisch – Thanks for the compliment.

Nice tank! too bad it's FW. J/K but seriously If you do start SW you should go with the biggest tank you can find :) It is much harder with a small tank.

CBRGuy - Thanks for the compliment, I hear the same thing with freshwater bigger is easier.

After "mastering" freshwater the next step was saltwater for me. Half the fun of an aquarium is setup and tweaking it and once the fresh was in then it did not take alot of maintenance to keep going good. It was either discus, cichlid or salt.... As much as I tinker with stuff I think saltwater will keep me going awhile! :D

Back
Top Bottom