after forever and a day 55 gallon Done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I started this project a year or more ago with a craigslist tank and some work behind it. down to cutting the edge of the glass tops to fit it. The ONLY reason I got this tank is because I convinced the wife to allow me to do a tank themed for her, she agreed and instead of Tennessee Orange it was requested Michigan Blue and Maze (Yellow). Oh well it meant an Mbuna tank for me so ...............

I couldnt find any Football type decorations at first so I went outside the box and finally came up with the layout of the tank. I then ordered fish wich were not available (the P. Saulosi ) A friend had some fish that he needed an emergent home for, so for a while I had some tetras Danios and a Gold fish in this "Michigan Tank" I finally ordered fish from Daves Rare Fish (Specializing in Cichlids) and now after realigning thoughts have Yellow Labs and Demansoni In my Tank and Im calling it D O N E :ROFLMAO: Pics to be posted ...........

35049-albums1527-picture13898.jpg

35049-albums1527-picture14942.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of person that lives in Tennessee would be caught with Michigan colors, isn't that a lynchable offense down there?

Good luck and great choice with the dems, as long as you can keep the aggression down they'll be stunning with the labs. Very nice set up even though it took you forever!

Last edited:
Hukit, It sure is a lynchable Offense, lol the only thing that can save me is to say .... Hey, its not Ohio State lol

As Penn State alum, I don't approve. As a Malawi lover, i do

mdawg75 said:
I do understand lol. As a Tennessee Vol Fan I have my issues

Lol I hear ya. I actually had a similar idea for a Pittsburgh Penguins tank. Still may do it

That would be awesome, I had told the wife that I may redo the 75 g in Blackhawks theme. I didnt get a favorable responce :)

mdawg75 said:
That would be awesome, I had told the wife that I may redo the 75 g in Blackhawks theme. I didnt get a favorable responce :)

Lol funny, I had this vision of 3 Stanley Cups coated so they are fish friendly. A big penguin logo and then some black and yellow Angels

tkdjr1186 said:
Lol funny, I had this vision of 3 Stanley Cups coated so they are fish friendly. A big penguin logo and then some black and yellow Angels

That would be sweet, I like that idea, I'm thinking of constructed goals with maybe a L E D red goal lamp lighting with a ceramic Blackhawks logo mid tank and somehow incorporate old and new jerseys painted in the rock work

That tank is seriously lacking sme green and white ;) btw, that's really weird that you mention those two schools, because my cousin is a Michigan fan and his wife is a Tennessee fan!! How spooky! Haha

As a girl completely uncaring about anything sports, I think it looks amazing.
Don't rant at me, please. Hahaha. :taped:

Back
Top Bottom