aggressive angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triazole

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently gave a mated pair of angels to a friend and got two new ones. the bigger one was shy for about a month. but, recently he/she is becoming very aggressive, nipping at the slightly smaller one every now and then. not being content with that, he/she has started to nip at the harlequins, flags(american flags, not cichlids), platies in the tank. the only fish left alone are a rainbow shark, and a solitary otto.
the tank is 29g, planted, and stocked with 5 AFF, 4 platies, 5 rasboras, 2 angels, 1 rainbow (about 4" and quite nasty) shark, and an otto.
what do you think should be the appropriate course of action?

The problem with cichlids is that they're cichlids. When spawning time arrives they become aggressive and territoreal. Any possibility of giving your angels their own 20g?

That seems to be a very high stocking level for that size of tank, especially with territorial fish like angels.

sorry brianny, but i really don't have a separate tank to house them. the angels have shown none of the sexing characteristics yet, ie no breeding tubes...but even if they pair off, maybe its still early to observe them...
anyways, i'll see how things develop and take it from there...
src, if the angels decide to spawn, none of the other fishes (barring the shark) would survive in the tank. IME, they claim territories once they have paired off. so, i'll wait...and watch...

Back
Top Bottom