Albino Tiger Barb breeding...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
...so two of my albino tiger barbs are trying to spawn. We are leaving them in the tank they are in (20g) and moving everyone else in the tank into our 55. (we don't really have a good tank set up for spawning, so we are kinda playing this by ear)

The only question I really have is can I keep the eggs in a breeders net and still have them hatch? Or do they have to stay in the sand? Also, what is the best thing that I can easily get within the next week to feed the babies (if i do end up with eggs)?

any other pointers here would be very much appreciated...

Any fertilized eggs will hatch where they are. Once the fry become free swimming they be fed infusoria or frozen baby daphnia.

I would seperate the pair and place them together when you can monitor breeding activity. Filling the tank only half way reduces the number of eggs that will be eaten during spawning. Remove the pair once spawning is finished.

Good Luck.

well no eggs this time. hopefully they will try again soon. They are back with the rest of the barbs, so maybe they will decide to try again (and maybe I will be a little more ready this time ;) )

thanks for your advice, Brian, I do appreciate it. I will try to reduce the water level next time too.

Back
Top Bottom