Algae Blackout Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy1954

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright, my 45 gal is finally cycled. Now I need to get rid of the green water. It is not real bad, since I have been doing PWCs consatntly during the cycle period. Should I buy one of those extended feeding deals you put in the tank before I cover the tank with blankets? How long is the consensus that I should keep the tank blacked out?

Thanks in Advance

Do not buy the weekend feeders. They are junk and end up just polluting the tank. Do not feed at all while the tank is being blacked out. Have you tried to find the root of the problem? Overfeeding, direct/indirect sunlight, or waste in the substrate.

Fishyfanatic said:
Do not buy the weekend feeders. They are junk and end up just polluting the tank. Do not feed at all while the tank is being blacked out. Have you tried to find the root of the problem? Overfeeding, direct/indirect sunlight, or waste in the substrate.

I did have a partial sunlight problem as the tank is next to a small window with shades. But I have since put window tint film on the window, and I do not think that is a problem now.

Feeding is fine, not too much, and I have a very voracious Cat fish keeping the bottom wast down.

How long should I black out the tank??

Back
Top Bottom