Algae bloom HELP!! Am I missing something??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No it's not going to balance it as fresh said, with a stronger light you need ferts and maybe c02 I wouldn't say you nessessarily need the injected c02 but maybe Seachem excel might work, and a liquid fert, I'm not an expert though, but I would assume cutting the stronger light back to 5-6 hours a day should help.

No it's not going to balance it as fresh said, with a stronger light you need ferts and maybe c02 I wouldn't say you nessessarily need the injected c02 but maybe Seachem excel might work, and a liquid fert, I'm not an expert though, but I would assume cutting the stronger light back to 5-6 hours a day should help.

Hmm that makes sense, the thing that concerns me about using ferts and Co2 is that if I dose it wrong it will start to effect my fish which I don't want.
I'll try cutting it back by maybe 30 mins a week for the next for until I reach a balance of light for the plants without growing too much algae and see how i get on.
I have fertiliser balls that go under the gravel next to the roots of the plants, do you think these would make a difference or should I start considering using Co2 in my tank? As I said using the higher tech stuff worries me slightly as I don't know too much about it.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom