Algae eating fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gibbin94

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for a fish capable of eating TONS of algae that is not a lwnmower blenny and would fit in a 26 gallon bow front with a 15 gallon sump.

Aww man, I was all excited to see algae that eats fish...

a long spined urchin would strip the rock clean of anything and everything, but they get large and tend to rearrange the tank a bit.

if i have a pincushion in my tank already would i be able to add the longspine urchin?

the long spined urchin will get huge. probably the size of a volleyball. i don't think the two urchins will bother each other, but i'm not sure it's the right choice for you. when i posted initially, i didn't pay attention to your tank size.
i guess if you want to use it for a few weeks and then return it, it might work out for you, but ultimately, if you have an algae problem, you aren't going to solve the problem with an algae eater. you need to lower the nutrient level in your tank by doing water changes and cutting back on feeding.

thanks for the advice, i think with the new LR and the feedings i probably have too many nutrients in my water. i will try to reduce feedings.

My CUC (30gallon) from LiveAquaria.com cleaned the hair algae and diatoms my ~100lb LR and tank in less than 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom