Algae Eating Gobies/Stiphodon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clare

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked up two Stiphodon sp. - here are some pics ... can anyone tell me the full name & more about them? Not much on the web.....

They are about 2 inches in length and quite pretty :) Put them in my 115G to help with algae control.

Attachments

• DSCN6020.jpg
    DSCN6020.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCN6027.jpg
    DSCN6027.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 203
imo they look like the stiphodon atropurpureus - the ones without the blue stripe, so prob females or juvies.
algae wafers are best food, unless you can grow large amounts of algea.
likes to bury itself in the substrate or 'skitts' around.
can be territorial, shouldnt be kept with bigger aggressive fish - they get to about 5cm (urs are prob full grown)
anything else? very lovely looking :)

Thanks for the quick reply - I think they are pretty too....have them with a pretty diverse but peaceful community of various rainbows, roseline sharks and apistos. The tank is long, so hopefully they will find their niche and thrive :)

Just picked up two Stiphodon sp. - here are some pics ... can anyone tell me the full name & more about them? Not much on the web.....

They are about 2 inches in length and quite pretty :) Put them in my 115G to help with algae control.
Those are awesome! So pretty! I don't think I have ever seen that species before.

@greenphantom-:eek: Wow.:eek:

I am just learning about these guys - guess I will have to look around for a male if these are females :)

Thanks to all who responded for all the information!

Did you get your male on line, Green Phantom?

No lfs in my neighborhood my favorite one they also have lots of rare plecos too which I ve started collecting

Thanks - I will take a pic of Speedy to my LFS :)

Back
Top Bottom