Algae of some sort?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got what I assume are diatoms on my sand bed and live rock. What is this growing on my glass?? Looks like micro bubbles all over the glass. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397521654.637486.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397521673.972996.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397521707.760567.jpg

Do you use a mag float? I reckon I clean my glass at least twice a week.

I have one but it doesn't work so well because my tank is a 92g corner bow front and it does make full contact at any one point. I use a long handled blue brush. I have to clean it every other day. I'm trying to figure out why I keep getting diatom outbreaks and all the extensive algae. I don't run my lights any more than normal. I do water changes 3 times a month.

You got plenty of flow too? I would increase water changes to once a week - how much do you do? I'm not sure if you mentioned how long the tank has been running? Cutting back the light cycle will help (how long do you run them?) and lastly what livestock do you have and how much/often do you feed?

You got plenty of flow too? I would increase water changes to once a week - how much do you do? I'm not sure if you mentioned how long the tank has been running? Cutting back the light cycle will help (how long do you run them?) and lastly what livestock do you have and how much/often do you feed?

I change 15 gallons every 10 days. The tank is about 8 years old but at the begging of January I moved it from jersey three hours away. I brought all the water and live rock and sand back with it I run my blues from 13:00-22:00 and whites from 14:00-21:00. I feed frozen mysis shrimp every other day and pellets on the opposite days. Here is my stock list

Mixed pair of clowns
Orange dot goby
Six line wrasse
Neon dottyback
Orange eye sea urchin
Large serpent star
5 turbo snails
12 blue leg hermits
12 red leg hermits
3 emerald crabs

The tank is a 92gal corner with a 20 gal sump. (13 actual gallons of water). 2 150w mh 10,000k and 2 460nm t5's

I change 15 gallons every 10 days. The tank is about 8 years old but at the begging of January I moved it from jersey three hours away. I brought all the water and live rock and sand back with it I run my blues from 13:00-22:00 and whites from 14:00-21:00. I feed frozen mysis shrimp every other day and pellets on the opposite days. Here is my stock list

Mixed pair of clowns
Orange dot goby
Six line wrasse
Neon dottyback
Orange eye sea urchin
Large serpent star
5 turbo snails
12 blue leg hermits
12 red leg hermits
3 emerald crabs

The tank is a 92gal corner with a 20 gal sump. (13 actual gallons of water). 2 150w mh 10,000k and 2 460nm t5's

my bet is when you moved the tank and the sand you kicked up alot of excess nutrients in the sand bed

That was over 3 months ago. Shouldn't things be settled by now?

Back
Top Bottom