Algae?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so recently (maybe 3-4 weeks) ago I started using nutrafin plant gro and about a week or so after using it for the first time I started getting algae everywhere!! I have had to cut a few leaves off plants because the algae was so terrible. It looks like tiny little fuzz or hair Im not even sure how to describe it. Its a very dark color possibly greenish I cant really tell. And also my driftwood is really fuzzy? Its different than what is growing on the plants and other stuff in my tank. I have tried scrubbing the rocks and driftwood and it comes off for a day or so and comes right back. What do I do?

Sadly I dont even know what kind of light I have. I know thats terrible :/ But all my plants have grown like crazyyy since I have got them. So I'm doin something atleast kind of right haha but now this darn algae!

It is usually on 10-12 hours a day roughly but since the algae Ive left it off and Ive seen slught improvement and with me constantly wiping it off and scrubbing stuff but it always just comes back :/

No it was just one that we had...It was used for a turtle before so I have not a clue...But it must be doin somethin right they are all growing really well and have all got tons of new leaves and bigger

After keeping the light off for a few days the algae is basically gone now...So what do I do? Not keep the light on as long or stop using the nutrafin?

That might help, but without knowing the intensity of your lights, there's not a whole lot I can say.

Ok well the algae is basically gone now that i cut the lights off for a few days and havent used the nutrafin so im gunna try keeping the lights on for less time and maybe using half of the nutrafin...I guess we will see how it goes :) Thank you for the help...Also what about the driftwood? It just looks fuzzy...lol

Back
Top Bottom