Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am getting some green algae on my rocks it's like half and inch long, it's a newer tank about 4-5 months old, and ideas?

So if I just keep doing water changes the they will disappear

Ya I started cutting back in feeding now just need to keep up in water changes

I feed a tank I maintain 2 times a week and the fish are fat and healthy. I know we mistakenly overfeed our tanks without knowing. I am also guilty of this at times. I'm just saying that so you are aware of the needs of fish. These fish I speak of are large tangs and rabbitfish.

Get a couple emerald crabs and maybe a lawnmower blenny. I had the same prob and they took care of it in about a month. I had a lot

I have triggers( I know it's too small of a tank) a puffer and a wrasse about how much should I feed? I use frozen shrimp and brine shrimp?

55gal, I'm planning in getting rid of the triggers soon just got to find a good home for them lol

Well, you are going to have to watch the aggression. I would up the water changes and feed every other day for a while. See how that goes. What kind of triggers?

I know for sure a Niger trigger the other one is green with orange lines and the other is all different colors, I haven't seen any aggression what so ever. I got these fish off my friend and same in his tank no aggression.

google "undulate trigger". If it's that one, I would make sure he stays fed. That's the most aggressive trigger there is. I would be concerned about the puffer if you cut back too much.
9k=
9k=
9k=

Ya that's that bad boy, ha it usually just hides in a cave untill feeding time and doesn't bother the other tankmates

Well, that's unusual. They usually tear things to pieces at will. That fish (my favorite fish in the world besides the wartskin angler) is a killing machine. how often do you feed now?

Back
Top Bottom