algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on the type of algae. Treating the whole tank with peroxide isnt an option, its for spot treament on decorations or plant leaves ect.

Fill a dropper with a small amount, turn your filters off, put you hand inside the tank and aim the tip of the dropper at the algae, wait for the water movement caused by putting your hand into the tank to stop and slowly squirt it.

Have you thought about less light and more water changes?

Depends on the type of algae. Treating the whole tank with peroxide isnt an option, its for spot treament on decorations or plant leaves ect.

Fill a dropper with a small amount, turn your filters off, put you hand inside the tank and aim the tip of the dropper at the algae, wait for the water movement caused by putting your hand into the tank to stop and slowly squirt it.

Have you thought about less light and more water changes?

I've done less light and its helped tiny bit the peroxide is last option kinda thing just wanna know how to do it before it comes to it

You can use 1-3ml of hydrogen peroxide 3% per every gallon of water. I use a 100ml syringe. Turn off filters, pull up the proper amount of peroxide, slowly squirt the algae as close to it as possible, then leave filters off 20 minutes. If you have a lot of algae you will have to treat an area a day.

You can use 1-3ml of hydrogen peroxide 3% per every gallon of water. I use a 100ml syringe. Turn off filters, pull up the proper amount of peroxide, slowly squirt the algae as close to it as possible, then leave filters off 20 minutes. If you have a lot of algae you will have to treat an area a day.

Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom