algaea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have alot of brownish goldish algae on my sand i have a couple hermits and snails what do you recommend

its probably diatom algae and its common in new tanks, what types of snails do you have, some will eat it, but iit will most likely go way on its own.

almost done nitire 0 nitrate 0 ph 8.3 ammonia 0 salinity .024 temp 80

i also added soem of that KENT marine Essential Elemnts for my live rock

i also added soem of that KENT marine Essential Elemnts for my live rock

You don't need to be adding to the system right now. Especially since your cycle is now finishing up. Your salt mix will contain everything that is needed for now.

I kinda find it hard to believe that your nitrates are zero if both your nitrites and ammonia are zero as well. I wonder if you have a faulty kit or it just can't read low levels of nitrate.

If your cycle is indeed done, you need to make a large water change to rid the system of all the excess nutrients. That will curtail some algae problems.

Like e-cat said, you are probably now seeing diatoms. Turbos and Top shells love that stuff. I thought you already had a cleanup crew???

i have a few but there on the rocks not on the sand :roll: :? maybe theres a lil tint in the nitrate so its basicly zero deff not 5.0 so lets say 2.0?

maybe theres a lil tint in the nitrate so its basicly zero deff not 5.0 so lets say 2.0?

I think you mean nitrite and not nitrate. Your tank still hasn't cycled. Still need to wait.

Back
Top Bottom