algea and lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guns286

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry to jump in here but I have a question. I'm going to give SW a try soon and I was wondering if the extra light wattage would cause a massive build up of algea? I have a hard enouph time dealing with it in my FW tank, and thats with only leaving the lights on for a short time each day.

In reply to the answer I got in the other thread, I'm new to SW world and dont want to make things harder then they need to be. But, assuming I want fish, inverts, live rock and coral all in the same tank, will the lighting requirments for the coral and anemonies cause overwhelming algea?
As far as the other aspects of an SW tank are concerned, I've done ALOT of research online and think I have a good handle on things. I have a 30g tank and am going to run a sump with it, which will increase the water volume. So, my other question is, do you think that live rock and live sand in the tank, live rock in the sump and some mechanical and carbon filtration in between, is enouph to keep the water clean?

Back
Top Bottom