All right. Here's the deal. Micro bubbles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CiRXSi

Aquarium Advice Activist
As some of you know, I just got rid of my UGF on my 55. So, to make use of my canister filter, I bought this add-on.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22313&category_id=1729&pcid1=2885

I put it on Friday. Coming from it, and staying at the top of the water (and about 3-4 inches deep) are incredibly small micro-sized bubbles. It almost looks like debris. I lowered the flow coming out of those 2 biowheels, and it's still there. It's not clouding up my water really, since they're floating, but I don't like it. Will this "break-in" once the bio-wheels get a significant amount of bacteria on them? I would figure inadequate rinsing of the wheels (if that was the case) still would've cleared up by now. The Penguin Bio-wheel 330 I got for my 29 does ever-so-slightly the same thing, but no where near as bad. Forgive me, but these are my first bio-wheels. TIA

I am confident that once the biowheels accumulate some bacteria you will not see these bubbles in the quantity you describe. I don't think it has anything to do with manufacturing debris or anything, but will resolve over the next 10 days to 2 weeks. I have noticed this before don't worry about it persisting. I think it is a great add-on product and you will wind up being happy with it :)

Micro Bubbles

A few days ago I set-up a 29 gal. tank with an Emperor 280 and noticed the same thing. The tank is just set-up with gravel, driftwood and plastic plants, along with the heater and filter fow now. This is my 1st experience with a biowheel also, and I just don't like the appearance of the bubbles.

I've also noticed a slight oily film on the top of the water. This may be from the 2 driftwood pieces in the tank, although they were bought at a LFS and have been soaking for weeks. I plan on using a paper towel to try and get rid of the film.

Micro Bubbles

A few days ago I set-up a 29 gal. tank with an Emperor 280 and noticed the same thing. The tank is just set-up with gravel, driftwood and plastic plants, along with the heater and filter fow now. This is my 1st experience with a biowheel also, and I just don't like the appearance of the bubbles.

I've also noticed a slight oily film on the top of the water. This may be from the 2 driftwood pieces in the tank, although they were bought at a LFS and have been soaking for weeks. I plan on using a paper towel to try and get rid of the film.

I don't have any driftwood in these tanks, but the bubbles have gone way down. I'm sure yours will too. Thanks TG.

Back
Top Bottom