Alliv I need your help...my black angel isn't well...anyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatergal

Aquarium Advice Freak
He's kinda just floating there...everyone once in a while he will get caught in the filter flow and do sommersaults. He's still breatheing and all...but not swimming very good. I don't see any signs of trauma. He was ok yesterday...but I'm worried about him today. If you have any info that might help me I would be greatful.

Tiffany

too late

Well...my lil black angel passed just shortly after I posted this. Didn't know what was wrong but if anyone has any ideas, it would help me keep it from happening again.

Oh damn; I'm sorry hon :( Just got to this forum and saw your post.

Other then the obvious weakness, were there any other signs? Did it look beat up? Any white areas on the body? The fins frayed? Did his lips look sorta swollen? Anything?

I had a similar problem with my first bunch of rams; they would be fine in the morning, and dead by nightime. It was columnaris; its the one nasty fish disease that can hit that swiftly, although its not often its that virulent.

Did you QT the 3 angels? I'm wondering if they picked something up in the lfs tanks. If not, I'm tempted to say pull em into a QT tank, and give them a full treatment of Kanacyn to prevent any other issues. And keep a VERY close eye on the other fish in the main tank; columnaris is contagious if the fish don't have a really good immune system.

I'm bummed; he was a very pretty baby.

Thanks alli. No signs of anything, although yesterday he was acting lathargic (spelling). I didn't QT them...I know I know...but the half-black tail is acting fine. I will keep an eye on all my other fish. Thanks again.

Tiff

Back
Top Bottom