Alyxx's fish room build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how you spread your silicone on but if look in that same aisle there should a black wide mouthed spreader I use that at work to spread glue on tub surrounds thought I'd throw that out there it'd make getting an even spread across the PVC for the sand easier

Thanks! I did get the little triangular bead smoother for the reseal. That might work for the PVC if I use the flat edge. If not... Well I guess that's what fingers are for...

Thanks! I did get the little triangular bead smoother for the reseal. That might work for the PVC if I use the flat edge. If not... Well I guess that's what fingers are for...

Hmm I haven't seen that smoother before I'll have to look it up fingers always work too lol

I learned a lot from this thread. I didn't know Bettas could be so beautiful, for instance. I also didn't know about extending tubing to be able to drain more efficiently! I may have to look at that do use at my school. Right now I lug buckets for a 60 gallon and insist on changing 50% of the water each week.

I learned a lot from this thread. I didn't know Bettas could be so beautiful, for instance. I also didn't know about extending tubing to be able to drain more efficiently! I may have to look at that do use at my school. Right now I lug buckets for a 60 gallon and insist on changing 50% of the water each week.

Awesome! And yeah, look into getting a water changer (python and aqueon are two good brands) that can hook to a sink, and kiss those buckets goodbye!

I got a new betta tonight! Once again after a long day at work I happen through the fish aisle at Walmart and a fish caught my eye. Now to find a place for him!

Stripped my leaky 20 yesterday and tore up my hand, so finishing the reseal is going to wait a few days until my finger isn't so sore.

I am really looking forward to this weekend! For my birthday my boyfriend and I are gong to New Orleans and first thing we are doing is going to the Audobon aquarium! I haven't been in like 10 years or more, and it is awesome! Later there will be a nice dinner and bar hopping with friends, and shopping the next day, but I am looking forward to the aquarium most. Expect awesome pics of the aquarium!

Stripped my leaky 20 yesterday and tore up my hand, so finishing the reseal is going to wait a few days until my finger isn't so sore.

I am really looking forward to this weekend! For my birthday my boyfriend and I are gong to New Orleans and first thing we are doing is going to the Audobon aquarium! I haven't been in like 10 years or more, and it is awesome! Later there will be a nice dinner and bar hopping with friends, and shopping the next day, but I am looking forward to the aquarium most. Expect awesome pics of the aquarium!

Sounds like its going to be a fun trip happy early birthday sorry to hear about your finger I know how that feels was that during scraping if so how were you using the blade

I was using the kind that go in box cutters. My finger is all better now!

So I got a nice early birthday present today! My boyfriend got me a membership in the IBC (International Betta Conference) so I will have more betta information at my fingertips.

I was using the kind that go in box cutters. My finger is all better now!

So I got a nice early birthday present today! My boyfriend got me a membership in the IBC (International Betta Conference) so I will have more betta information at my fingertips.

To do my 125g I used both but for a cleaner scraping that straight edge works great blades are supplied at my work to use bringing home a few of mine didn't hurt lol very cool about the membership mustve been an awesome surprise I'm joining and aquarium society here in my area soon

To do my 125g I used both but for a cleaner scraping that straight edge works great blades are supplied at my work to use bringing home a few of mine didn't hurt lol very cool about the membership mustve been an awesome surprise I'm joining and aquarium society here in my area soon

Yeah, I want to join my local aquarium club too. Keep forgetting about it though! And yes, it was a great surprise. He told me to check my email and I saw it. Apparently when I mentioned the IBC the other night he immediately looked it up and bookmarked it to get me a membership when his check came in today. It makes me happy that when he sees me changing water for a bunch of jarred baby bettas he thinks "passionate" and not "crazy". Plus he's letting me make a fish room. That's the best I could ask for, honestly.

I'll have to look into those straight ones. And yay for bringing supplies home from work! My blades were from an old box cutter my boyfriend doesn't have anymore so I stole them. They've come in handy for cleaning hard water stains and such.

Lol! I love the "passionate" not "crazy" remark. That's exactly how I felt. So glad my boyfriend loves the hobby as much as I do. Your fish room looks great. You have beautiful bettas - I have 5 myself.

I'm also working on my fish room(s) so I'm in the same boat. It's exciting to see it all start to come together. :)

I've got two 55g, five 30g, and three 10g set up so far. Getting another 55g and a 120g to add. :)

Subscribed to this thread, interested to hear how yours is going!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I haven't been around much. Since I moved I've been lacking in both internet and fish. I have my 56 up but not running right now though. I plan to get it going again really soon. Angelfish and cories and maybe some larger tetras. At the moment im busy with 3 week old kittens so I've put the tank on the backburner for now until I don't have to worry about stepping on one during a water change! I'm also giving my boyfriend his very first aquarium of his own, probably my 20 tall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom