Am I at stocking limit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 40 gallon tank and in it there's 5 platys, 1 sumo loach, 1 angelfish, 6 Cory cats, a scissortail rasbora, and an auto cat. My platy is pregnant so I'm wondering how many of the fry I can keep. I do weekly 25% water changes.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You arent even close to the stocking limit atm.

However, you have a couple fish that are alone but need to be kept in groups.

The auto (otocinclus)? If im assuming correctly needs to be in groups of 5+ and the same with the rasbora.

The sumo should be in a group as well

Actually sumo loaches are territorial among their own kind like most schistura species. Keeping more than one in a tank is a tricky affair.

I agree with Mebbid, you've got tons of room but should up your numbers of oto cats and rasboras.

Wow never knew that about the auto cats. The rasbora was full grow and was donated to my lfs and I bought him on impulse then found out he's a schooling fish :(

Wow never knew that about the auto cats. The rasbora was full grow and was donated to my lfs and I bought him on impulse then found out he's a schooling fish :(

Technically they don't NEED to be kept in groups like certain schooling species, but they do prefer it and live in big groups in the wild. I've read some arguments either way.

Mine can take or leave each other unless startled.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom