Am I being impatient?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50% this time - but smaller % on an ongoing basis until the cycle completes, yes? Poor fishies - we humans sure do put them through a lot! Especially us not-quite-fully-educated ones. :) (I am referring, of course, to myself!) Do you mind if I keep you posted as to my progress?

Absolutely keep us posted :)

You were probably typing when I posted my last statement about pwc's, but check out my last info about how often and how much to change the water. And read that guide I linked a few times, it'll be your greatest asset.

please do so we will know that everything is okay...and oh normally cycling with fish will take longer than fishless cycling..say 5 weeks or more. but you are doing the right thing in consulting...happy cycling!

I have read it and I'm following now... (also didn't realize that Prime only detoxifies for 24 hours!) THANKS MUCH! Will post pics. I have 4 Cichlids that are quite the characters! Bye for now.

Happy to help :). First, remember the lfs wants to sell you things. Unfortunately many of them don't value fish as living animals as we do on the site. Those 99 cent fish they recommend to cycle the tank adds up on their bottom line pretty quickly.

You are getting the best advice possible short of having to pay a professional .......$$$$$$$$$:brows:

Stay vigilant on the PWC's and do invest in seachem prime, I bought another brand before learning about prime. In fairness as soon as I'm out .. seachem prime it is.

Speaking of not valuing fish like we do last night I went to checkout a Petland discounts, and was horrified to find the TigerBarb / Albino TigerBarb tank INFESTED with ick! AND ... there was no sign indicating it was a qt tank ... so any one not really familiar with fish could have been sold those fish.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom