Am I Cycled Already?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi ksfishguy!
Things have definately moved on since last update. My ammonia is now down to 0, has been for a few days and nitrites have shot up to 1-2 ppm so finally have nitrites! Only took 5 weeks though, lol! Dread to think how long it'll take to convert to nitrate! Ive just bought another tank, 40 gallon (I've got the fish-keeping bug bad now, my girlfriend is fed up of me talking about them all day!), and I am fishless cycling that using raw prawns. Got a funny feeling that this tank will be cycled before the first one, the rate the first one is going! I'll keep you informed of how things progress.

Sounds great. I know what you mean, you get one tank going, start looking for another. My nitrite part of the cycle was shorter than the ammonia, hope this hold true for you.

I have read that you could switch filters to speed up the cycle, you could wait to set up your new tank and throw your cycled filter on it, then put the new filter on the old tank, just an idea.

I just used a python for the first time today. You may want to invest in one if you do not already have one. It is unbelievable what that thing sucks out of the gravel. Plus, no spills on the water, sounds like I am getting commission, but it is a great tool for the aquarium...

Yeah, was thinking about getting one of those. I've read so many threads with people praising them and taking it as standard to have one that I thought I'll have to get one! I hope the nitrite part is quicker too, for the sake of my little fish! They don't seem bothered about anything thats going on though.
Just tested my 2nd tank and it has just shown a slight trace of nitrite, about 0.1ppm, so things seem to be going well cycling that tank. The race is on to see which one is cycled first!!

Yeah!!!! Finally my 10 gallon tank is cycled. So glad to see both ammonia and nirtite at 0! Thought this day would never come. Hopefully my 2nd tank will be cycled soon too.

Back
Top Bottom