Amano shrimp with berried Blue Pearl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The CodFather

Aquarium Advice Freak
It will be ok to keep my Amano in the Blue Pearl tank correct or should I just go ahead and move him to another of my tanks? Is there a big risk of him eating the Blue's babies when they hatch?

Amano are not predatory ... they are just as peaceful algae / scavenger eaters as RCS or Blue pearls. They'll completely ignore baby shrimp like the Amano in my tank ignores the baby RCS and Tiger. If you happen to see an Amano eating a baby shrimp, it was probably already dead. Shrimp have no problems snacking on their dead tank-mates.

However ... Amano can be food hogs ... so don't be surprised if it swoops in and takes away any algae wafer bits, pellets etc.

PSHEW! Thank you so very much! Yes, that is exactly what made me worry when I saw him last night going around stealing everyone's food and I saw some empty snail shells so of course my mind went to him cause he is so huge and I thought for sure the little blues weren't the culprits! HAHAHA well... That'll teach me not to assume! Thank you so much Jcolon!

Glad I could help!

I always keep an eye on my Amano as it is the biggest in my shrimp tank. Even my largest adult Tiger/ RCS are still smaller (a bit) than that Amano who's nowhere near as large as the Amano's in my 75gal. There are times it literally bulldozes over babies when it swoops in to an algae wafer.

HAHAHAHAH I can see that happening for sure! They are not the least bit shy about getting their share of food right... Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom