Amazon sword daughter plant questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've heard this mentioned a lot and would like to know what one looks like. I have an amazon sword, and it's growing wonderfully. I have one stem that is different from the others. In 3 places where there are multiple leaves growing; the spot nearest the bottom there is 5-6 leaves, the next 2 highest spots has 2 leaves, and the highest one had 3 leaves. Is this a daughter plant or is this normal growth for an amazon sword? I wish I could post pictures but I can't as I've reached my limit for photos.

Does each cluster of leaves on the stem have roots drooping down from them? What mine do, is there is about one stem per mother plant and on the bottom of the stem there is a little plantlet with roots dangling down, then about 5" above that on the same stem another, and so forth to the top. once you see the roots, I just trim off the stem from the little plantlet and plant it in the substrate.

Does each cluster of leaves on the stem have roots drooping down from them? What mine do, is there is about one stem per mother plant and on the bottom of the stem there is a little plantlet with roots dangling down, then about 5" above that on the same stem another, and so forth to the top. once you see the roots, I just trim off the stem from the little plantlet and plant it in the substrate.

I haven't look that closely, but I will tomorrow. The way the stems on my sword are look exactly what you described. Good to know, I'm about to start up my 30g again and I was wanting to put part of my sword in the 30g. This will make things much easier :)

Back
Top Bottom