Ammo wont go down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So slowly dosing could allow some fish in sooner?
My ammo is starting to drop now

Yes. Basically let's say you wanted to add 4 fish first. If u dose the tank to like 2ppm ammonia and the let that cycle you can add those fish and be perfectly fine. the ammonia will spike a bit from the fish but will soon go back to 0ppm (1-2week) then u add more fish and just keep doing that till your tank is fully stocked :)

Well rite now I am at like a 2.7 ammonia so I might get my guppies, wait a week, then slowly add?

Should I start over?

If your ammonia is at 2.7 right now adding fish is only going to be bad for the fish. Ummmm you don't need to start over maybe do like 50-75% water change and then test the water. Note that and test again the next couple days of its dropping then ur good to do. I wouldn't start over only because u already put time into this cycle. Might as well stick it out. :/ trust me I hate waiting too

Should I start over?

Start the cycle over? Absolutely no reason to do so! Your ammonia is dropping. Wait until it drops near zero then add enough to bring it up to 2-3ppm. You should be seeing nitrites start to increase as your ammonia drops. Do you know anyone with a healthy cycled tank or pond that could donate some media? This is the quickest way to jump start a cycle.

Yes. Basically let's say you wanted to add 4 fish first. If u dose the tank to like 2ppm ammonia and the let that cycle you can add those fish and be perfectly fine. the ammonia will spike a bit from the fish but will soon go back to 0ppm (1-2week) then u add more fish and just keep doing that till your tank is fully stocked :)

Depends entirely on the fish added, and every tank is different, and there is simply no way to quantify it in such a manner.

Back
Top Bottom