Ammonia cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

booginish

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi i just put all my pond fish outside for the summer and i have an empty 20 gal tank that i have remodelled for adfs(i have kept many times before), i cant get the frogs for another 3 days, so i wanna know to keep my tank cycled is it possible to use CHLOR X CHANGE(it says"ammonia is dispersed usually in neglible amounts") could i keep addin that every day until tuesday to keep my cycle goin?

If you have some household ammonia that would work best. Make sure it doesnt have any added chemicals. Give it a shake and if it does not foam its good.
You could also throw some fish food in there for the next couple days. Just be sure to vacuum it out before you add your new fish.

ok cool, i did a pretty big water change before because i was moving the tank and added alot of chlor x change just because it said it contained ammonia, and it releases it into the water. Thnx alot, and another quick question, whats the max amount of african dwarf frogs i could put in a 20 gal tank?

Back
Top Bottom