ammonia for cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allaboutfish said:
is it ok to use ammonia that says ingredients: ammonia and sufricant

Nope. Google map Ace Hardware and there's one near you (there's one near eveyone lol) and get the janitorial grade ammo. It's like 3.50 for a quart and that'll last till your grandkids get their first aquarium :D.

i have and it's about an hour away. does home depot or anything have it if njot i might have to wait a little while.

allaboutfish said:
i have and it's about an hour away. does home depot or anything have it if njot i might have to wait a little while.

They should, or lowe's. Check commerials supply shops too.

I'm surprised it's an hour away. I have 3 within 15 mins of my house.

in tennessee i have small cities with walamrt and lowes and things and then two bigger cities with about everything

My Lowes and Home Depot didn't have it. Ace was the only place in my area that had it. Good luck.

U don't have to buy liquid ammonia! U can just put food in it regularly and ammonia should build up...

maxwellag said:
U don't have to buy liquid ammonia! U can just put food in it regularly and ammonia should build up...

True! I cycled my tanks with filter media from an established tank. So much easier IMO.

yea tetra or something should make a bottle of it for cycling so that we dont have to go all over the world to find some.

allaboutfish said:
yea tetra or something should make a bottle of it for cycling so that we dont have to go all over the world to find some.
noo because its name brand thell Jack up the price and add unneeded stuff

I've looked into it deeply. They want you to buy the "instant cycling" products. They don't even want you to know about fishless cycling.

There is a brand in the UK made specifically for it...but never a major company. I contacted people about developing an all in one kit...but it's not feasible or profitable even though it seems it would be.

If you mean "Surfactants are compounds that lower the surface tension of a liquid" then what is there to hurt I used ammonia with that in it...

Back
Top Bottom