ammonia help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Umm yes they do should I just add some or do a small water change with it

Umm yes they do should I just add some or do a small water change with it

When you perform your water changes you should be adding it directly to your tank as your filling it. Some dose for the entire tank, others dose for the amount taken out.

That's what I do I did a 50 percent change yesterday and adding it while I was filling the tank

Now I don't think it's a good idea to do another change or add more chemicals today what ya think

Now I don't think it's a good idea to do another change or add more chemicals today what ya think

All your adding is Prime during your water change. It's fine. As long as your numbers are ok or better then before I guess it can wait BUT remember the longer your fish are subjected to those high numbers the worse off they will be.

Ok thanks for your help will post tomorrow results hopefully better appreciate your help

hey so i just did another water test and its just bit above .50ppm so its slowly coming down how could i find out whats causing this is it possible its the decoration the fake plants or the ship

hey so i just did another water test and its just bit above .50ppm so its slowly coming down how could i find out whats causing this is it possible its the decoration the fake plants or the ship

I don't think would be the issue. Your not kissing any fish right? Nothing fell into the tank? Spray anything near or around the tank?

I'm if you really wanna be a detective you could always take them all out and test, but its slowly going down, if it was the decor it wouldn't go down and stay down.

Do another water change and post results.

Hey so I did 50 percent water change get nd put. Conditioner tested water couple hours after ammonia still a 1.oppm don't. Know. What to do

how long has this tank been up and running? have u changed any filters? what is the ammonia reading of your tap water? something is not making sense..if your tank was cycled and all you added was one parrot fish the bio filter (beneficial bacteria) would catch up within a few days.

give us the full water parameters plz ammonia from tap, ammonia in tank, nitrite, nitrate

I will do a full reading when I go home when cinema did 50 percent change last night tap water ammonia was. . 25ppm been running for few months now

I just added that ammonia pack to the filter to help which I think but isn't bringing it down to zero

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130224_151921.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130224_151921.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 33
I haven't changed any yet I opened up the canister and they looked clean

If you removed any sponges or floss your actually doing more harm then good because you are losing your estabablished media. Beneficial bacteria lives on the spongues, gravel, aquarium decor and convert your ammonia to >> nitrite to>> nitrate. When you get home later post the full water parameters for us.

I just got home I'll have the pics of water up soon thanks

Back
Top Bottom