Ammonia.....No More !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sakari

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:jump:Yea!!!! Checked the ammonia levels last night....0 ppm...I was never so happy to see yellow vs. green!! Guess we just wiped out a bunch of bacteria too quickly with H2O change and filter cleaning...all fine now..thankx for all the advice
Question....
I'm running an AquaClear 110 on a 30g tank...more than enough, but I was wondering if anybody out there uses this filter? Reason I ask, is I would like to know how often you change the filter media, ie; biomax, carbon and foam insert...I know you NEVER change all at once, as I have done this before, but any particular order as in which to change 1st...I usually do the foam insert, then the carbon and the biomax, last...and how long should you wait between each item change,ex. if I change the foam insert,1st, how long before I change the next media? I only hav 6 fish in the 30g: very lg.sailfin pleco, lg.algae eater, tiny priscilla tetra, sm.emerald green cat, a med.oranda and a med.black moor.

haha aquaclear110 on 30gal, thats like you don't even need to do water change that often.
glad your ammo is gone now.
I never use aquaclear but changing the media really depend on your bio-load, so I would suggest changing them when you feel they r dirty enough OoO.

Back
Top Bottom