ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgso1036

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I checked ny ammonia levels today and they were at .50ppm. I did a 10% wc and completed the last day of ich medication. I checked the ammonia approximately seven hours later and my ammonia levels are still .50ppm. Does anyone have any ideas why the ammonia is up? I'm also noticing a funky smell to the water in my tank and my black Molly isn't acting like normal. What does this mean?

My other levels are:
Ph 7.2-7.4
Nitrites- 0
Nitrates- 0-5.0

.5 ammo isn't toxic, so don't worry about it. Also, the scale that measures the ammo isn't precise enough to read in very small increments, so .5 is going to look like .4 in all likelihood. Also, 10% pwc isn't enough to make much of a dent in any readings.
I would guess the smell is from the ich meds?

That's what I thought the smell was from, since I didn't have it until I did the treatments. Now that I completed the treatment, do I do a 25% or 50% wc?

I would do a 50%, especially if the molly is acting funny. Normally, you can just run a carbon filter to remove it, but if the molly isn't doing well, a good pwc might help. :)

I took the carbon out when I did the treatment and haven't put it back in. I'll put carbon in after a 50% pwc. Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom