Amount of plants in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicolas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 10 gallon tank with 4 mollies and one gourami in it. I have one piece of bamboo, a artificial log and a moss ball in my tank right now. So I was wondering if I should more plants in there or if these kinds of fish like an open area to swim. Sorry if this is a stupid question this is my first take and haven't really ever been around them too much.

I think plants are good for just about every tank. The fish won't mind them at all. I have two ranks and I have live breeders on one and gouramis, and other fish in another. If you ever put another gourami in there you will want to have plenty of hiding places. Some of them get territorial. And depending what kind, you may need to start looking for a 20 or 30 gallon. My opaline gourami will get up to 5 or 6 inches.

What type of gourami is it? And may I see a picture of it? I think they are a very pretty fish.

Thanks for the information. I posted a picture of my whole tank. The Gourami is to the bottom left I do believe that it is a neon blue dwarf gourami.

Attachments

• image-3636744347.jpg
    image-3636744347.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom