And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm... Now ya got my wheels turning lol

Lol if the lights your using now are doin good no need to fix whats not broken :) not sure of what coral your keeping but changing lights on an established tank may shock it my opinions arent backed by research i base my opinions on experiences that ive had over last 6 years ive tried many things some went good some went bad lol

Lol if the lights your using now are doin good no need to fix whats not broken :) not sure of what coral your keeping but changing lights on an established tank may shock it my opinions arent backed by research i base my opinions on experiences that ive had over last 6 years ive tried many things some went good some went bad lol

Yeah I hear ya... I was just messing around. My AI SOL BLUE over the bio cube seems to be doing just fine. It's been a year now. BUT maybe my next tank will have MH :)

I actually run MH and LEDs over one of my tanks. I'm still not sold on LEDs being the best thing for sps on their own.

I actually run MH and LEDs over one of my tanks. I'm still not sold on LEDs being the best thing for sps on their own.

My buddy built some leds with inclusion of uv bulbs i do believe they are good for sps i think uv is what most led fixures lack that mh provides its my belief that sps coral will grow without uv but you wont get the sps coral to show their true colors

Okay my bulbs are in and in the fixture, I guess I was thinking they would make a big difference but they don't as far as the look of the tank is concerned. I hope they help the color and growth of my corals we shale see.

Which bulbs did you go with - combination? My ATI replacements were night and day.

Which bulbs did you go with - combination? My ATI replacements were night and day.

I got what you suggested a while back ATI aquablue special and blue plus. Didn't see all that much of a diferance but lights were off so I put them in and turned them on. We will see how I like them in a few days.

Just some thoughts I have had about an upgrade. If I were to get a 120 gallon or even a 180 gallon tank would I be able to just move everything over without cycling the tank? As a reminder I have a 55 gallon with a 30 gallon sump and around 90lbs of rock and 90lbs of sand.

So just got home from work and the blues are on and they look amazing. Much better than what I had before and aquablue plus will be on soon think I am going to be happy. And on the upgrade part of my thread I just got one step closer today.

Shorten your photo period until it adjust to the light, or if possible raise your fixture a few inches to help acclimate corals to the light.

Is it bleaching on the top or the bottom? My BN is so big that the bottom and middle don't get light so it's completely naked of polyps, but the top and sides are still growing huge.

Blues come on at11 whites at 12 then the whites are off at six blues off at seven. The bleaching is in the middle of the birds nest.

Back
Top Bottom