And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need something bigger than the fish I have and can't seem to find anything reef safe that will be ok in my 55.

Ok going to do a water change right now. I am still upset with the bubbling algae. I think that bubble algae is a lost cause? Is there anyone that has had the problem I've got and beat it? The reason I bring this up is that all I can find online is pull it off and suck it up with water changes. Is thee not a fix?

I would make a 5 by 5 inch scrubber screen . No more algae after that is all set up and mature. And very easy to make

I was reading the one about an up flow scrubber and was thinking about it. I just have very little space under my tank. I will need to figure out what to do with the duel reactor. It doesn't fit sideways and I can't get behind the tank. I will take a picture so you acne see what I mean and you may have some advice on what to do.

I think a 5 by 5 will fit between the reactor and return pump . Just let it drain into the sump and clamp on some lamps on each side of your sump and your set. Also the point of a scrubber is to grow algae in a concentrated area to remove algae and nutrients from the tank . Having two scrubber competing with eachother seems like a bad idea.

Two small scrubbers if sized properly would be the same as one large one. The key is surface area, if the combined surface area equals the 5x5 then it's no different. The removal of nutrients would be equal plus it would allow for ease of cleaning, clean one of them a week instead of half of one. With the inclusion of valves between the T and the scrubbers you can shut waterflow off to one to clean it and leave one running, this would also allow for adjusting flow.

Back
Top Bottom