anemone face down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greatsoccerman

Aquarium Advice Regular
What does it mean when my anemone is lying face down. It's just been moving around the tank is it normal for them to be face down sometimes while they move around. Parameters are fine. It's white still and a sebae

Honestly, doesn't sound good Soccer
Man. Could you post a pic of it. White and facedown doesn't sound good for an anemone.

Flip it over. Try to get it to attach it to a rock by lightly rubbing the outside of the foot while it's on the rock. it's not getting any light right now which is stressing it out more.

+1 to flipping it over and trying to get it to attach to a rock.

What kind of lighting do you have? What are your water parameters. Most of the anemone's I've seen die are because of not enough light, or bad water parameters. Anemones need a good deal of light and pristine water conditions.

I have 6 ho t5. He has flipped over but he is under a rock. My tank is only been set up for a few months 3-4 but most my rock came from a tank that was really old.

And it an 80g tank. Here is a picture he flipped over over night and decided to go under a rock. Should I trash him or try and move him again.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120614_073243.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120614_073243.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 316
I would leave it alone, and see what it does next. Continued messing with it will only stress it more.
Is it right side up now? From the pic it looks right side up.

You need to consider the lighting you are using for that particular species of anemone. All anemones are different and need different amounts of light. You could be using a light that is too strong for that species of anemone, that could be why this anemone is hiding under the rock. I suggest in future you do research before you buy so you can set up the tank to suit the species your going to add. I would suggest changing your lighting to a less powerful light source, this might help your problem.
And by the way, is by trash him you mean leave it to die or kill it i suggest you dont bother to keep any further marine species as you clearly dont understand how to care for them.

I have lost a nem to not enough light and told my husband we weren't getting another till we got finished with the new light hood he is building. Not once did I ever think of "trashing" it I struggled to provide more light for it

Back
Top Bottom