Anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miketeachme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got an anemone and don't exactly know how to feed it. I have placed krill on it's tentacles and they are taken into it. How can you tell if its eating?

Attachments

• image-3446568148.jpg
    image-3446568148.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3776843826.jpg
    image-3776843826.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-4064535650.jpg
    image-4064535650.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 103
If it accepts the food and pulls it in, it's eating it. What lighting do you have over this tank?

I feed mine very small smooshed pieces of shrimp that I rinse and soak in salt water for a 1/2 hour. If you watch closely when you give it to a tentacle several tentacles will also come in and pull it into its mouth our tube. 1 Rookie mistake I made with feeding shrimp was using a whole small shrimp. It died, Learned the hard way!! I have been very successful with feeding them very small pieces smooshed alittle to help them digest it faster!! Krill is a good choice also! but like any animal a proper diet is vital to health. Anenomes has to be my favorites I currently have 3 and pick up a new one every month. Slow and easy is the key to growing a beautiful reef tank.

how long has your tank been up? soempeople say it takes several months of salt water cycles to start introducing anmones . I started introducing about 3-4 weeks in to mine.

If it accepts the food and pulls it in, it's eating it. What lighting do you have over this tank?

I feed mine very small smooshed pieces of shrimp that I rinse and soak in salt water for a 1/2 hour. If you watch closely when you give it to a tentacle several tentacles will also come in and pull it into its mouth our tube. 1 Rookie mistake I made with feeding shrimp was using a whole small shrimp. It died, Learned the hard way!! I have been very successful with feeding them very small pieces smooshed alittle to help them digest it faster!! Krill is a good choice also! but like any animal a proper diet is vital to health. Anenomes has to be my favorites I currently have 3 and pick up a new one every month. Slow and easy is the key to growing a beautiful reef tank.

how long has your tank been up? soempeople say it takes several months of salt water cycles to start introducing anmones . I started introducing about 3-4 weeks in to mine.

Thank you

(y) Something that I have found my sps, lps and anemones really like is called FIJI MUD. I add 1.5 tsp. once a week ( 150 g tank) , I have seen polyps popping all over the place and the anemones love it. Unfortunately i had something going on crazy in my tank and lost 2 more anems last week. I done a 50% water change added some Fiji mud and saved my remaining anem, He is looking very healthy and is eating any grine shrimp, krill and shrimp i give him 2 times a week, plus what ever else he scavenges away from the fish feeding periods.

Good luck and keep posting us some pics.

Back
Top Bottom