Anemone hosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So yesterday I got a pair of mocha clown fish. They are awesome! The thing is the always stay glued to the front of the glass and never explore the rest of the tank I have 3 silicone anemones but they won't go for it how do I get them to move about and find the anemones thanks

Try to see where the clown sleeps and Bring the anemone to them. I always move it to where the clown usually hangs out or sleeps and with in a few days it should host in it.

Just don't be disappointed if they never host - for the first year mine hosted the side of my in tank skimmer, never went to the other side of the tank. I now keep two bubble tip nems and they host a hammer coral instead. Silly clowns!

Ok there is an anemone right where they always hang out but never go inside of it how do I get them to do that

The anemone is silicone it's fake but moves like a living one

And how do the clowns know that? Either way, anemone don't have brains! There is also a chance they won't have anything to do with it due to it being real...but then again, tank raised clowns don't know what to do with an anemone either. Lots of variables here that you have no control over.

it may just take some time.. took my clowns two months to host in my bubble tip.. before that they wouldn't leave the cinnamon polyps

Back
Top Bottom