Anemone Monster? Caution: SCARRY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyMonkey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok. This little bugger is in my 10 Gallon nano/QT. He is maybe 1 inch across. It extends out at night. Has what looks to be tentacles on the top as you can see. I was not worried about it untill I droped a snail down in the hole and BAM!!! The little monster sucked in the whole snail. Has it enveloped right now. At any rate, I would hate to see a fish get sucked in by this thing. Any idea on what it is? Fluff? :?

img_488833_0_d50a32cafcdfd89d8e411e8bc797ba22.jpg

Try googling Aliciidae. Like Fluff said, pics to small and unclear to tell...

Cheers
Steve

Hmmm. I reviewed the pics of Aliciidae. Appears similar. Maybe that. I will try to get a better pic tonight. The thing only comes out at night. You can see it down in the hole but not well. It was lightning fast when it grabbed the snail. Maybe I can feed it something. Mysid I suppose. Hmmm. :twisted: Also, I will pay anyone $5 to come over and stick your finger down into the hole. :lol: I am sooo curious if it wil hurt. 8O

MyMonkey said:
Also, I will pay anyone $5 to come over and stick your finger down into the hole. :lol: I am sooo curious if it wil hurt. 8O

Can you cover travel expenses, time off work, and any associated medical bills?

:) I tell you what. I will cover those items aforementioned under the condition that both parties subscribe to a fully integrated agreement in which the parties thereto proscribe inherent liabilities associated with a "dangerous activity." The agreement must also include provisions limiting any and all liability of either consummate party of the contract. The limitation shall be conclusive of and encompassed by the value in question. Also, as an Attorney, I must advise you to seek the advice of independent counsel prior to entering into any agreement such as the above. :D How's that sound? Shall I begin drafting this agreement? :p

Darn lawyers....Ever here the one about what do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

At least you are in the right hobby. :wink:

Good luck,

Well, I fed the monster. He ate Mysid shrimp. Used tweezers to stuff it in the hole and BAM! :lol: Grabbed it and gulp. Very neat little thing. However, I would hate to see a fish get caught by this little thing. I don't see it recovering from that. I have one large aiptasia in there as well. I have heard people saying it will sting you. I poke it sometimes just to see and no sting as of yet. I tried to get a better pic of the Monster. None yet. THere is much less hair algae though. :D

UPDATE: Better pic here. Still the same monster. I have been feeding him Mysis shrimp. He grabs it up very quickly. No fish go near him for the time being so I am not worried. The cleaner shrimp seems to like messing with him though. 8O Still wanting to figure out what this thing is. I looked at tons of stuff and nothing really matches up. Any ideas?

img_503085_0_c9da8bb33b6a968e8681d05f6d1e89d4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom