angel aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I might pick up this platinum angel I saw today bc I don't want anyone else to get it. My question is if you think that if I introduced a second angel will it have been long enough for it to have established territories after 1 or 2 days and be aggressive toward the new one?

My experience with angels is non agressive even when I add new fish they do fine sometimes they do peck on each other a little bit when you
Feed them however with any kind of animals, fish etc there will always be a natural pecking order.

I wish mine were calm bought same time from same time and when they reached the size of a loonie they tried to tear each others head off lol had to separate them even with loads of cover and food, they were gold pearls, was trying to see if would pair of at least not kill each other, I think next time I'll try a 55 display with a small school. This was my experience I hope it works out for you though

I think ill just buy two both at once.
Ill see if the platinum is paired with any of the others but if its not I guess ill just hope they're not aggressive. They'll let me switch em out if they are

Just a FYI sometimes when you get any fish in 3's it's like a 3 rd wheel on a bicycle two will usually gain up on 1. How many do you have already?

Perfect so you will just have two they should pair up together nicely. I have 2 and even though I got them a couple weeks apart they get along
Great but one is a little more dominant over the other one which is normal.

What does a platinum look like, I've never heard of it? I have a black lace and what I call calico lol! Multiple colors, I call her Calico cuz she reminds
Me of a calico cat.

Tigroscr said:
Perfect so you will just have two they should pair up together nicely. I have 2 and even though I got them a couple weeks apart they get along
Great but one is a little more dominant over the other one which is normal.

What if they're the same sex?

Yeah! I can't sex them I got mine from a friend of a friend who bred large angel fish and she had them in a 75 g tank that sprung a slow leak couldn't figure out I guess where it was leaking to repair it and was afraid even if she moved them to another tank (not fully cycled) she would lose them so she sold them very quickly. She
Sexed them for me and said they were male and female so I'm just going by what she said. But she did say that one way to tell is the males are somewhat larger if that helps. Maybe your lps would know or wherever
Your getting them from.

This does make some sense though if she sexed them correctly because I've had them for about 6 months or so and they have grown a Little
Since then and the one she said was the male is still larger.

Fish closest to camera is a platinum pearlscale philippine blue. (which just happened to spawn again 2 days ago.

DSC_0357 by jetajockey, on Flickr

What you should do is post this thread on the cichlid forum and ask about sexing Angels some one on there with a lot of experience might be
Able to tell you how to sex them. :)

Back
Top Bottom