angel aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tigroscr said:
What you should do is post this thread on the cichlid forum and ask about sexing Angels some one on there with a lot of experience might be
Able to tell you how to sex them. :)

Supposedly the female has a hump/more rounded head and males have redder eyes.
its easier if their breeding tubes are out but that's probably not gonna happen.
Theyre Just subtle things

Thanks =). My males tend to have a small nuchal hump and during courting they defend the female from other angelfish. I can usually sex them by looking at them, but their behavior is very telling.

Oh well I don't even know if I'm gonna go for a pair. I just want them to get along.

What happens if you take an angel away from the one its paired with?

My Angel fish

Here are some pix of my Angels

Attachments

• Angel pix.jpg
    Angel pix.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Angel pix 1.jpg
    Angel pix 1.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Angel pix 2.jpg
    Angel pix 2.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 52
Sorry I know my tank isn't very pretty :( I can't have any plants except for Japanese moss balls my tiger Oscar will destroy them even fake ones and he hates any kind of new decor!

Yes, he's about a 10 inch haven't measured him in awhile though he might be bigger than that. Oscars get a bad rap he does great with them!

Yeah he's super cool! Believe it or not his favorite tank mate is a red blood parrot they hang around together all the time! I have a pink kissing gourami that picks on my little parrot so the parrot hangs with the tiger Oscar! It's really funny will send a pic!

Tiger Oscar and friend

I got the Tiger Oscar about 4 mths ago from a friend, she didn't keep the tank very clean so I've had to treat him for HITH but he seems to be recovering nicely. But here he is with his friend the red blood parrot cichlid.

Attachments

• tiger oscar with friend.jpg
    tiger oscar with friend.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 69
It's a 55 g but I'm transporting him over this coming weekend to a 75 g, wish me luck I have no idea how I'm gonna move him! Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom