angel aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah he's been passed around a lot it seems my friend that I got him from four months ago had him for about a year and she got him from a garage sale! She said she felt sorry for him and so she bought him from this lady that had him in a 40 gallon tub! Unbelievable! I don't give up on my animals or fish so I will keep him for life! :)

Here's my plan the 75 g is brand new so I plan on removing all the gravel from my 55 g and decor etc first and then half the water and then all the fish but the Oscar and then the Oscar last after everything else is moved because I don't want him to get hurt and he's been known to beat himself up on rocks and things. Then I have 2 40 g plastic totes that have been filled with water for about 2 weeks so there should be no chlorine and I will add water to 75 g accordingly and then put him in and salvage the rest of the water from old tank.

Just not sure how to get him out of old tank without freaking him out! I don't want to do it by hand because of his slime coat obviously and plus he could slip out of my hands so I will have to probably do it with a really big net is what I'm thinking but before I do it will post a thread on cichlid page and see if anyone has any advice.

Ohh. Id just get the new tank completely ready and then net him over real fast. The water you were again still needs to be dechlorinated. But yeah that's for a dif. Thread

Just not sure how to get him out of old tank without freaking him out! I don't want to do it by hand because of his slime coat obviously and plus he could slip out of my hands so I will have to probably do it with a really big net is what I'm thinking but before I do it will post a thread on cichlid page and see if anyone has any advice.

When I have to transfer my large fish I catch them in a large cup, jar, or bucket. That way their fins don't get damaged, it stresses them out less, and you can acclimate them better.

Oh! Do I still need to add de chlorinator.? I thought chlorine evaporates after several days and I've had that water in those totes for 2 weeks and added the right amount of prime. In thought I would be ok, and I'm just going to use that water primarily for a little back up. I'm going to try and use as much water as possible from existing tank. I use this water in the totes after each partial water change and always sits for minimum a week and have never had any problems so far. I never add water straight from tap, ever on any of my tanks.

Morgie said:
When I have to transfer my large fish I catch them in a large cup, jar, or bucket. That way their fins don't get damaged, it stresses them out less, and you can acclimate them better.

I don't think I have a bucket that would measure big enough lengthwise he's about 10 inches if not more I would think that could be more damaging than a net and how would I get that large of a bucket in a 55 g tank?

I just measured tiger Oscar through glass with measuring tape and he's real close to 11 inches from head to tail.

Haha its cool.

So I got em!
I didn't get the platinum tho. I just watched for which ones were getting along and these were hanging together and getting along. There were 4 in the tank. Two had white eyes and two had red eyes. And 3 of the angelfish kept chasing one of the others away.

I'm doing the bag in the water acclimation as I don't have an extra bucket. I hope theyll be okay. My ph is very close to the stores

Here ya go:

Can anyone tell me what kind they are? (Marbled, etc.) The one on the left looks like its a mix between the kind on the right and somethin else

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110810_173119.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110810_173119.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20110810_173332.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110810_173332.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom