Angel fish and gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some dwarf gourami. Mollies A bristle nose plec. I just been offered an angelfish for nothing. I'm thinking my rather docile gouramis will be picked on.

Really trying to stock this tank and steer clear of the "normal" fish stocking list but trying to be compatable too lol

I had a pair of pearl gouramis in with my angel for a while. They never seemed to care about each other.

Gouramis and angelfish (especially angelfish) have there own personallites. So you can get one that keeps to itself and is very timid. But you might get one that is mean and wants to kill everything. So it is a hit or miss thing. IME i find that gouramis and angelfish are very compatible. What size tank do you have? Also there are alot of fish you ar adding at one time. How many fish have you added in the past 2 weeks?

Gouramis and angelfish (especially angelfish) have there own personallites. So you can get one that keeps to itself and is very timid. But you might get one that is mean and wants to kill everything. So it is a hit or miss thing. IME i find that gouramis and angelfish are very compatible. What size tank do you have? Also there are alot of fish you ar adding at one time. How many fish have you added in the past 2 weeks?

its 46g. I have added a juvenile plec and the 2 gouramis over last 3 weeks. I don't intent on adding the angel for a good wek if I do have him/her.

Sorry I should of made it clear the gouramis were already in there

IMO i would say it would be fine. I would do it. Your tank is cycled and everything right? But ya, if youre just adding 1 that should be fine.

IMO i would say it would be fine. I would do it. Your tank is cycled and everything right? But ya, if youre just adding 1 that should be fine.

Yes cycled tested 4 times over last 2 weeks since started to add fish and all fine last test being yesterday. Well I have a grow out tank with 10 guppie fry in there if he doesnt play nice with the gourami. Sorry fry but you might become food lol

Back
Top Bottom