Angel fish fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For what it's worth, breeding fights are usually done from the front not by picking at tails. This sounds like a territorial issue and pretty much only redecorating or removing the fish is going to help. When pairing up, you should notice the male keeping all other Angels away from his chosen mate. If the other 3 are getting along and "paling around", they are not getting ready to spawn. ( The rare occasion would be if the male has taken to both females forming a trio. It's hard to say when only 4 fish are involved.)

Since you have decided to remove the 4th fish, this may help you reconsider and try redecorating before selling it or understand what to look for in the future.
Hope this helps.

He was my original angel. I then got the little white one 4 month later and then the 2 large ones together about 6 months after that. I think he is just agressive fish. He has always been that way but just got worse with this one angel.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also talked to my local pet store before choosing this. I have tried many things and in the end I think he is just agressive.

Okay then. Thankfully, he didn;t kill anyone so you can always move on from here. Tanks are supposed to be peaceful, not war zones. ;) (y)

Lol I know right. He was making it a war zone. I thought they would work it out in a week but no they kept going at in and then he tore a huge chunk out of the guys fin. What would you ask for a 3 inch by 3 inch angel? Price wise?

Can't really say as different areas and types demand different prices. What I would do is trade him to the store for supplies or other fish. Generally, a store will give you a better price in trade than for cash. Sometimes, you can make some really great deals with trades. ;)

I don't think my local store does that. But i can try.

Back
Top Bottom