Angel fish in a 37 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bogben14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can I keep some angel fish in my tank? It is currently empty except for some decor.

I currently have one angel in my 37 gal. I tried adding a second but he bullied her as he grew and approached her same size so I returned him.
Not sure if adding multiple ones at the same time as babies would give different results- but in my experience I have only been able to keep one!

Angels can really be bastards and some territorial fighting and nipping is to be expected when there is more than 1 in the tank. I would say no more than 2 can go in that tank. It would help if you bought two out of the same tank and added them together but it's not necessary.

Or if you were hoping for them to breed you could get 4 small ones of the same type and stick them in the tank and then rehome 2 of them once they pair off. Breeding however can cause more aggression in the tank.

Can I keep some angel fish in my tank? It is currently empty except for some decor.

You could go with at least one. Two would work as long as you keep clean water and buy them at the same size and have them grow up together.

Back
Top Bottom