Angel fish Shrunk due to ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sameerjoshi99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 2 angel fish and a gold! which are in a newly bough tank for a week now!! i noticed that they have ICH so now i hve kept them with the LPS for treatement.

My angel fish was about 3 inc long with a big tail however the the tail has been reduced to half of the size it was!!

My qts is? has the tail shrunk due to the Ich ??
i have seen the gold fish chase the angel around mostly it goes for the tail is he eating up the angels tail?

the probable cause for the tail "shrinkage" is the goldfish is eating it. Goldfish like cold water and anglefish like warm like around 76 to 78 degrees. It also does not sound as if you cycled your tank first which is probable contributing to the ICH, by stressing your fish. If you don't know what cycling your tank means read the stickies in the getting started forum, and ask questions there, you will get a lot of help from very knowledgable people. I would see if I could take the goldfish and angle back to the store where you got them.
One other thing is that goldfish are very messy fish and require around 30 gallons for the first fish and then 10 gallons for each additional fish.

I hope this helps some what

I agree the goldfish has nipped at your angel's fins. For ich treatment you are better off keeping the fish in a tank with the temps at 88 F with extra aeration for 2 weeks after the last spot of ich is gone. Goldfish are coldwater fish and should not be kept with angels.

Back
Top Bottom