Angel fish spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I have had angels for about a year now and they have finally spawned. I moved the eggs to another tank (10 gals heater and filter) the filter has a sponge over the intake. It also has java moss and a pice of water wisteria. Anything I need to do? The eggs are yellow. Also I cannot post pictures because it says I have exceeded my limit any clues of how to post them? Thanks.

Add some M Blue until the water is deep blue. Put a bubble near the eggs, no filter really necessary. Keep water pristine and when they hatch feed microworms or BBS

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Nope, hikari first bites is for livebearers. Read the back closely. I've no clue on the M blue, some LFS most likely will have it

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

There is a thread in this breeding forum titled "Wigglers at last!!!" that I recommend you read through. It was an ongoing discussion by both professional and hobbyist Angelfish breeders. Pretty much everything you need to know about breeding and raising Angelfish has been discussed on that thread. (y)

There is a thread in this breeding forum titled "Wigglers at last!!!" that I recommend you read through. It was an ongoing discussion by both professional and hobbyist Angelfish breeders. Pretty much everything you need to know about breeding and raising Angelfish has been discussed on that thread. (y)

Thanks a ton again Andy!

One last question the eggs are a yellow orange color. And have a little white dot at the end. Is this ok?

It may be too late but if the eggs turns totally white, it is dead. Nothing more you can do for it. This is why you use an airstone in front of the eggs and not a filter moving water around.

Ok thanks. Guess I'll learn from my mistakes. This egg laying totally caught me off guard. What is the avg. time it takes to spawn again?

Sorry, can't really tell anything from these pics. Too much glare on my monitor. ;)
Average time between spawning can be anywhere from 7-10 days to once or twice a month to, as my friend's fish do, 3 times per year. The better the health of the fish and conditions, the more often they should spawn. ( My buddies fish are an enigma. LOL Their offspring spawn about every 10 days. I have 3 of them now.)

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks man. You have been a huge help. I'll try to get better pics tmmrw.
The biggest problem you might have is going to be with the gravel. Fish fry don;t really need gravel in the tank as it becomes places for their food to hide from the fry and also collects detritus which is not good for the water quality and subsequently the fry.
Also, the fish didn;t lay the eggs on the gravel did they? If so, these may not be Angelfish eggs :confused:

(y)

Yeah, angels lay eggs in rows generally on the wall of the tank, any vertical equipment, or upright spawning surfaces, normally people use slate or clay pots.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes they are angels I had to move the eggs from my 55 to my 10 gallon. Because they and my tetras were starting to eat on them. So I moved them to the ten to try to keep them safe.

Back
Top Bottom