angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildfox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello i have had my angel fish for a while, latly the have just layed eggs and have become very aggressive to other fish and their mates, im wondering have long is their incubation period? i have read some of the other posts, but it only popped up today when i lookeed in the tank and the angel fish where close up to the back glass of my aquarium and i saw the eggs i was just wondering if people had any advice to help me keep the fry alive when they hatch.

Thanks wildfox

Depends, most angels wont be good parents till atleast the 5th drop of eggs.

I have the same situation with my angels, they beat the snot out of eachother and their tank-mates.

to keep them alive if they are fertile and make it that long, you need to take the eggs and whatever they are on and move it to a bare tank and let them hatch, airstone helps keep the fungus off them.

Getting angels to breed is easy. Raising the fry is the hard part. Do some research here and on the Internet and decide which way you want to go...

Let's just say my interest in the subject has cost me lots of money (and time). But I love it....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom