angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.mascher86

Aquarium Advice Freak
My lfs owner just got a bunch of angels he wants to breed........he said if i was interested in helping him he would give me the fish and all the stuff to do it. Questions: what size tank? decorations? filtration? substrate, gravel or sand? water parameters and temp? i really want to do this i just want to get all the info before i give him an answer

Then I would say the bigger the better, did he give any limitations? But if it's just for a breeding program this can be done in bare bottom 10g tanks, I would keep them in larger tanks such as 29-40g with 10-15 fish until they start to pair off then transger them into their own set up. Bare bottom really is the way to go for breeder purposes. Run the tanks with simple sponge filters run off a air pump for simplicity.

How many tanks is he looking to give you?

Thats what ill start with, then when i need it he will give me what i need

I am a former commercial Angelfish breeder and can give you a simple step by step program for breeding these fish. It does require multiple tanks for the fry and larger tanks for growing out the fry. If you have the space, you can, using my method, bury the store in fish if you want. LOL :lol: ( I am currently mentoring a fellow AAer who is breeding Angels who can verify this;) ) FYI: My last hatchery was producing 10,000 baby Angels per month :brows:

Fell free to PM me if you'd like the plan (y)

Back
Top Bottom