Angel, GBR and Keyhole in the Same Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruinsbro1997

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need the okay from you guys because you are all cichlid experts. Right now in a forty gallon breeder there will be an angel fish pair, a school of threadfin rainbows, a pair of killies from SM, eight cories, and a honey gourami. I'm wondering what your guys's opinions are about adding in a GBR and a keyhole.
I'm not concerned about the GBR as far as behavioral issues. She has been with me for a year and does not bully tankmates unless they are trying to nip at her, like my male rams. I am also not concerned about her bothering the angel because for the past year I have had her not once have I seen her at the surface. My concern is that the angel will be aggressive to her, but if they are top dwellers it shouldn't be a problem right?
I am also concerned about the keyhole and the GBR. I was thinking about getting a keyhole from SM but am not sure about it. Will the keyhole be aggressive to the GBR because they are both bottom-dwelling cichlids? Also is there any possibility the angel pair will be aggressive to the keyhole? I'm not concerned about the keyhole and GBR hybridising and breeding, as far as my knowledge is they are two different genuses.

What do you guys think?

It almost sounds like a bad joke like hey a angel, a ram, and a keyhole swim into a bar...but anyhow the angels and keyholes shouldn't be a problem but I would be concerned with blue rams and the keyholes but bolivians may work. And of course all this depends on tanksize, layout, individual fish temperament.

Okay. The tank will be heavily planted with some rock formations. It is a forty gallon breeder. The ram can always be rehomed if it doesn't work out. Does it sound good so far???

Back
Top Bottom