Angelfish Breeding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TML182

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, so two of my angelfish just bread? (don't know if thats the term lol) for the first time! They female has placed the eggs on a large leafed plant near the front of my tank. There are currently probably 150 eggs on the plant at the moment. There in a 50 gallon tank at the moment with 2 other angels and a group of swordtails. There chasing any fish that come close to the leaf at the moment and I was just wondering if its save to leave the eggs on the leaf. I don't have room for another tank at the moment, and i understand that most of these eggs will not make it, i just wanna make sure that I don't put any of the other fish in the tank at risk, while the angelfish are protecting the eggs?

My angelfish always protected their eggs and then by morning the eggs were all gone. Never any fighting though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

The female angel lay off the eggs, now , if you have a male, he will pass constantly over the eggs to make them fertile.

Fertile or viable eggs will stay clear almost transparent, not fertile or not viable eggs will turn solid white. So wait to see what happens before you remove the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom