Angelfish Confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acester

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I'm new here and this is my first post, so howdy!

For my birthday, my dad got me a 37 gallon tank. It's taller than it is wider. I don't have the exact measurements, but I could go measure if it's needed.

Currently I have 8 black skirt tetras in there, and they seem to be doing well.

I really wanted to get Angelfish, but there's so much conflicting information on the internet and even in the pet stores! One store told me not to get more than one of them, as they'll get territorial if they do...another store told me not to get just one, and to get at least two.

I am also concerned about if there's enough room in there for two fish. :(
I'll attach some pictures.

Attachments

• WP_000045.jpg
    WP_000045.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 82
  • WP_000046.jpg
    WP_000046.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 68
  • WP_000047.jpg
    WP_000047.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 63
I would not recommend any angelfish in a column tank like that. There is just not enough horizontal swimming space and angelfish get rather large. While bio-load wise, I think the tank could easily handle it, it is just not the right sized tank for keeping angels.

Darn, I was afraid of that. :( They really are quite beautiful, but if it's not a suitable tank, then I won't bother. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Maybe someone could suggest what else I could put in this tank? As mentioned before, there's only 8 black skirt tetras in there. They're black and white, so I think if I'd like something more colorful. Also, schooling fish are cool.. any suggestions?

What are the dimensions of a tank?

Personally I think an angel is okay in it, a superveil would fill it out well. I have a 33g corner bowfront and it's on the tall side also. Not my favorite footprint, but I do think they are good for tall slow fish.

Back
Top Bottom