Angelfish eating duckweed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
I picked up some duckweed for free from a friend and thought I'd add it to two of my tanks as an experiment to see how well I could get it to grow. It is growing decently in the one tank and grew well for about two weeks in the other tank...until my Angels decided to try it out for a snack. Ever since I haven't been able to keep any growing in that tank. They eat it until it's all gone..I tried adding more and they ate that too. At least now they aren't bothering my foregound plants as much at night time (they were pecking at my chainsword) but I've never heard of angels eating duckweed before. Goldfish yes, but not Angelfish! :facepalm: Anyone else ever experience this?

I have a pair of angels in my 40b that are simply destroying my blyxa. They're keeping it trimmed down to about 1" tall, and you know good and well it gets a lot bigger than that.

I have a pair of angels in my 40b that are simply destroying my blyxa. They're keeping it trimmed down to about 1" tall, and you know good and well it gets a lot bigger than that.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell my angels that blyxa tastes good! They bother my chainsword, but for some unkown reason leave the blyxa you gave me alone. Now that I figured out they like the duckweed, I've been scooping it out of the other tank to put in with them...keeps them out of trouble!

Back
Top Bottom